Sunday, November 30, 2008

Are UFOs For Real

EXPLAINING LIFE’S MYSTERIES

By Stephen Ellis

ARE UFOs FOR REAL

News: Australia - A spate of UFO sightings on the Central Coast (of Australia) has attracted the attention of the UFO and Paranormal Research Society of Australia. The Society has convened a conference at Gosford this Saturday, November 29, 2008.
************************************************************************************************************

Nobody asked me, but…

For the past 50 years or so, there have been reports of sightings of UFOs. No government, anywhere in the world, has acknowledged that UFOs exist. Even the US Air Force’s famous “Project Bluebook” has not offered any answers or explanations.

The nature of my job means that I try to stay impartial: I am not a UFO fan or a UFO “freak”. But there are certain facts that are often overlooked when discussing the subject: Few reports even mention the fact that there have been slightly more than two million alleged sightings of UFOs throughout the world. It doesn’t make good sense to call 2 million people “liars”, or “frauds”. Assuming that most reports of UFOs were from people looking for personal publicity or fame, or people whose imaginations were running rampant, or even people making reports as a “joke”…If only one percent of the sighting reports was legitimate, that means that there have been more than 20,000 legitimate sightings…of something. Some of those sightings have come from heads of State, U.S. Senators and Representatives and many people whose credentials are far above reproach. Why, then, has there not been one shred of conclusive proof ever brought to light?

Objectively, I have asked myself “why”, if UFOs are from other solar systems, has there been no contact? Then, too, we should consider the practicality of someone or something from a distant star, traversing incredible distances through space to actually find its way to Earth. I do not believe or accept the Roswell, New Mexico, stories of a crashed UFO or the stories of people having been abducted by aliens. Nor does the secrecy about Air Force “Area 51” appear worthy of discussion.

So how do we explain what it is that millions of people claim to have seen?

I have to conclude that if contact was possible, we would have been contacted. Therefore it is reasonable to believe that there is no way for the people or things aboard UFOs to contact us. Even assuming that some advanced civilization developed what we call “Warp” power (the ability to travel at many times the speed of light…which is 186,000 miles per second), it is highly unlikely that any civilization capable of this would be incapable of making contact with the Earth or, at least, convey some sort of signal to Earth.

So, let’s look in a different direction for logical answers: We live in a world of dimensions. The only dimensions we can perceive are those of sight, sound, touch, taste and smell. If we can’t see it, hear it, feel it, taste it or smell it…it doesn’t exist. But the fact is that there are other dimensions that we cannot sense: we don’t know where our mind is located…but we know it’s there. We can’t see our aura…but infra-red photography will show us that it exists. We don’t understand certain “psychic” feelings or déjà vu experiences…but they happen to people all the time.

Let’s expand our thinking and open the doors to a possible explanation: Possibly UFOs are from another dimension…one we cannot sense. They break-through into our dimension briefly and then return from whence they came. They can’t communicate with us because they are not in our dimension. Obviously, they have no harmful intent towards us as there has never been a report of any attempted combat with a UFO. And, most important, the way they appear and disappear lends significant support to the possibility of their being from a different dimension.

A Naval Lieutenant on a US Destroyer off the coast of Ecuador was on the bridge of the ship when one of the deckhands called his attention to objects in the sky. The Lieutenant immediately called his Captain and looked at the objects through field glasses. He observed them carefully. As his report to Project Bluebook stated, the objects would appear as a “dot”, then like a cartoon, the dot would expand to a straight line, then bank revealing itself to be round in shape. It would fly over an area briefly, then become a thin line again, shrink to a dot and disappear…like happens in some cartoons.

By the time the Captain got to the bridge, the objects were gone. While the appearance of a thin line shrinking down to a dot and disappearing might create the illusion of something flying off at incredible speeds, the Lieutenant said that, through his field glasses, he was certain of what he saw. He scrutinized them as possibly being a danger to his ship. He recorded his observations and sent them to Project Bluebook.

The problem with opening the door to other possible dimensions is that it opens up a book with millions of blank pages. We know almost nothing about other dimensions, and our hard and fast scientific society views a discussion of other dimensions as nonsense and unworthy of comment.

Yet, I’ve seen a ghost…or at least what I believe to have been a ghost (talked about in my first blog). What dimension is that? I’ve had personal experience with what I believe to be past lives. What dimension is that?

Actually, I may have seen a UFO, but I’m not certain: When I was twelve, my mother used to take my brother and me to Florida for the Winter. Not the luxury route, but more like the “economy” route. My mother would rent an inexpensive apartment in Miami Beach while pulling in a top dollar from sub-leasing her New York apartment. The apartment we had faced Biscayne Bay. One morning, about 6 AM, I was awakened by an amazingly bright light from the sky shining through my window. I went to my window and looked at it and I thought it was the brightest “sun” I had ever seen. So, I woke up my older brother and asked him to look at it. He got up, and it was gone. Then, when I tried to tell him what I had seen, he punched me in the shoulder and called me “stupid”. My window faced west…and the sun rises in the east. So…what did I see?

E-mail me and tell me about similar experiences you’ve had.

As I said…nobody asked me.

1 comment:

Frieda said...

Interesting. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the UFO concept. I am not disputing what you write, it's just that it's one of those things I have a hard time reconciling.